Question

MSACCESS_JDBC Reader fails to obtain table schema's in FME Desktop 2019

• 22 August 2019
  • 4 replies

Badge

The MS Access (JDBC) Reader gives an error reading table schema's in FME 2019. The workspace still works fine in FME 2018.1, but generates the following log in version 2019.0: 

MS Access (JDBC) Reader: Connected to 'UCanAccess driver for Microsoft Access databases using HSQLDB' version 'V2007 [VERSION_12]' using driver 'Ucanaccess' version '4.0.4' built against JDBC version '4.0'
MS Access (JDBC) Reader: Error reading schema for table 'qry02_Energiesnoeiers'.  Error: <null>
java.lang.NullPointerException
    at COM.safe.fme.jdbc.msaccess.MsAccessBackendHelper.createColumnMetadata(MsAccessBackendHelper.java:343)
    at COM.safe.fme.jdbc.JdbcBackendHelper.getTableSchema(JdbcBackendHelper.java:129)
    at COM.safe.fme.jdbc.JdbcReader.readSchema(JdbcReader.java:948)
    at COM.safe.fme.jdbc.JdbcReader.readSchemaHelper(JdbcReader.java:872)
    at COM.safe.fme.jdbc.JdbcReader.readSchema(JdbcReader.java:830)
java.lang.NullPointerException
Failed to obtain any schemas from reader 'MSACCESS_JDBC' from 1 datasets. This may be due to invalid datasets or format accessibility issues due to licensing, dependencies, or module loading. See logfile for more information.

Anyone an idea how to solve this?

4 replies

Badge

This one will be hard to solve without sample data and (possibly) a workspace. If you file an issue at https://www.safe.com/support/ I will try to investigate ASAP.

Badge

This one will be hard to solve without sample data and (possibly) a workspace. If you file an issue at https://www.safe.com/support/ I will try to investigate ASAP.

I just made a case (C147649) with attached database and workspace.

Badge

I just made a case (C147649) with attached database and workspace.

Thank you! It appears we broke support for older databases when adding support for new datatypes in modern databases. A fix will be made to FME 2019.1+.

A possible workaround would be to resave the database in a newer version of Access, but it's not a sure fix.

Badge

Thank you! It appears we broke support for older databases when adding support for new datatypes in modern databases. A fix will be made to FME 2019.1+.

A possible workaround would be to resave the database in a newer version of Access, but it's not a sure fix.

OK, thank you for the information.