Question

SchemaMapper problem: multiple features mapping (coming from the same .gdb reader) using the same schema, in the same fme project

• 28 June 2013
  • 2 replies

Hi all,

I've got a problem with schemamapper.

It works perfectly if I use one feature from the reader (.gdb file) to one (or more) features to a writer (a different .gdb file).

Instead, It doesn't work (passes only one feature class from the reader!) if I use the same schemamapper using multiple reader's features.

These are my questions:

1) What's wrong?I tried both an excel file and an access table for my schemamapper...they both include fields "new filter" (field1, value1... from reader) and "new attribute" (field2, value2).

2) Do I really have to split all my "mapping" to different .xls (or .mdb, or .csv ) each one for each reader's feature class??

3) How can I set the same flow to UPDATE the writer?

Thanks in advance

Paolo

2 replies

Badge +21
Can you supply part of the SchemaMapper CSV file and 1 feature from each dataset?
Hi SigTill!

thanks very much for your interest... and I'm sorry I couldn't post the attached files before...

here attached are some data example of my problem:

http://www.proeco.it/a/schema_test_data.zip

1) a gdb reader: reader_F339CTR5K.gdb

2) a gdb writer: writer_utm33n_codicealfa.gdb

3) an excel file to use as mapping file: LUT_MAPPING_01_test_.xls

4) a screenshot of my FME project

In the SchemaMapper I use a "filter" and a "New attribute" commands.

It doesn't work and I understand there's something wrong in my mapping: maybe I've to use something to direct the reader's feature class (FC) into the corresponding writer's FC. How can I do it?

The only solution i found until now, is to split the xls schema mapper for each reader's FC...but...the original gdb reader has got more than 100 FC... so I would have to create more then 100 xls/csv schemamapper files!

Thanks in advance to whom will help me!

Paolohttp://www.proeco.it/a/schema_test_data.zip