Question

NeighborPairFinder

• 18 October 2013
  • 5 replies

I realize that this transformer copies the attribtes from the nearest "candidate" feature to the "base" feature but is there a way/setting that would allow the base features to retain their properties?  I'm using the NeighborPairFinder as a filter of sorts.  The base features are a series of points while the candidate features are a set of lines.  I set the desired tolerance.  The "matched bases" go on to snap to their nearest neighbors while the "unmatched bases" go into a new .dgn that will  have to be manually snapped.  I want all of the points to retain their original attributes.  Is this possible? Any suggestions? Thank you.

5 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +13
Hi,

Try one of the list parameters....
Userlevel 3
Badge +13
I was thrown off by your statement of setting a tolerance to think you are actually  using the neighbor finder hence the suggestion to use the lists parameters.

With  the neighbor pair finder there are only attributes added to the original ones.
 I want the base features to come out of the transformer without having absorbed the candidate attributes.
Userlevel 3
Badge +13
I dont think that is possible, you can remove them after the transformer.
Userlevel 3
Badge +13
Maybe try using a BulkAttributeRenamer to put a PREFIX of some kind on all the attributes before they go into the BASE, and then on the way out, using it again to REMOVE that prefix -- this will have the effect of clobbering anything added from the CANDIDATES.  Variations of this technique, combining in the BulkAttributeRemover, may also give you what you want (for example,maybe rename all the CANDIDATES attributes by adding a prefix before going in, then rename the CANDIDATES on the way out by removing the prefix and then bulk remove anything starting with that prefix from the BASES on the way out.

Many ways to skin the cat, hopefully this spurs some ideas.