Question

Published Parameters for Joiners

• 29 November 2013
  • 3 replies

Hi everyone,

I have concatenated joiners on my workbench and I am trying to create new user published parameters because the paths are being changed depending on the date of update.

The problem is:

The published parameter of the first joiner is created successfully, I move to the second joiner and create the second published parameter. When I click 'OK' the newly published parameter overwrites the first one.

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks in advance

Gianluca

3 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +17
Hi Gianluca,

There are several ways to define a published parameter, I couldn't reproduced the same behavior as yours. How did you create new parameter? I think the quickest way is to use "Create User Parameter" functionality while setting transformer parameters.

Takashi
Thanks Takashi,

But that's what I was doing. After creating the User Parameter through 'Link To Parameter' for the first joiner, the newly created parameter is successful.

Then I move to the next Joiner and do the same - the latter user parameter overwrites the one I created previously.

Apologies if I am not being clear - I am new in this published parameters....

Thanks

Gianluca
Userlevel 2
Badge +17
Sounds strange... well, try another way to define a user parameter.

Right-click "Published Parameters" node on the Navigator window, select "Add Parameter" to open "Add/Edit Parameter" dialog box.

In the dialog box, select "Filename (Existing)" as Type and specify other required items.   Create 2 parameters with this way, and then link each Joiner Dataset to the associated parameter seperately.   Again, I couldn't reproduce a situation similar to yours in FME 2013 SP4. Which version FME are you using ?