Question

Trouble accesing ArcGIS Portal error "doesn't appear to be an ArcGIS portal instance"

• 12 August 2019
  • 5 replies

Badge

We have a new ArcGIS portal. Previously, we had no problems access feature service with the older portals. I tried accessing the new portal and I am getting an error that says "doesn't appear to be an ArcGIS portal instance." I worked with someone through chat. We were able to use the http caller and got a response, but still wasn't able to use the reader. Any assistance on this is appreciated.

5 replies

Badge +10

Hi @lmawhinney7175: Sorry to hear that you are experiencing this issue! What versions of ArcGIS and FME are you using, respectively? Would it be possible for you to upload your entire log file?

I just found a fix that has been recently deployed in the current FME 2019.2 BETA (build 19738 and later) where some of the users who reported it encountered a similar error (internal reference: FMEENGINE-40481). It might be worth trying it with the latest BETA release. Please let us know if you have any luck.

Badge

Hi,

The portal is an Enterprise Portal. Fairly update to date. At least 10.7. The FME build is 2018.1.1.2 Build 18586. Attached is the error log, when I try to connect.

errormessage.txt

Badge

Hi @lmawhinney7175: Sorry to hear that you are experiencing this issue! What versions of ArcGIS and FME are you using, respectively? Would it be possible for you to upload your entire log file?

I just found a fix that has been recently deployed in the current FME 2019.2 BETA (build 19738 and later) where some of the users who reported it encountered a similar error (internal reference: FMEENGINE-40481). It might be worth trying it with the latest BETA release. Please let us know if you have any luck.

The current solution that we came up with is to use the url with the port number at the end. Maybe not the best solution, but it works.

I'm having a similar issue with our new in AWS VPC portal. We are using ADFS and Oauth2 to authenticate to portal. Our Network admin informs me that kerbros and NTLM shouldn't be able to authenticate in the VM config.

fmelog.txt

The Link that namoreet has shared looks like it may not work either..

Our environment is an Portal 10.7.1 and FME(R) 2019.0.2.0 (20190605 - Build 19260 - WIN64)
Badge +2

I'm having a similar issue with our new in AWS VPC portal. We are using ADFS and Oauth2 to authenticate to portal. Our Network admin informs me that kerbros and NTLM shouldn't be able to authenticate in the VM config.

fmelog.txt

The Link that namoreet has shared looks like it may not work either..

Our environment is an Portal 10.7.1 and FME(R) 2019.0.2.0 (20190605 - Build 19260 - WIN64)

Hi @woodwa,

Sorry to hear you are experiencing this issue, it looks like the build you are using is before the fix for FMEENGINE-40481 was implemented. Are you able to try the official FME 2019.2 download that is now available on the FME Downloads page? If the link does not work, you can access the downloads page from www.safe.com > Products > Downloads.

Hope that helps.