Question

FME 2018 RC1 crashes when opening workspace

• 26 February 2018
  • 6 replies

Badge

Hi,

I installed FME 2018 RC1 for testing new transformers.

I noticed that FME did crash quite often when I opened a workspace I'm currently working on in FME 2017. But after some attempts FME would finally open the WS and I could modify and run it without any issues.

Today I cannot open the workspace at all - I tried more then 10times either using Explorer context menu ("Edit with...."), "Open Workspace" dialog in FME, Drag and Drop WS onto FME canvas.

I get the message: FME has stopped working. Close or Debug. No further details why the crash happens. The WS has been saved with FME 2018.

I'm able to open the WS with FME 2017 but as it contains new transformers cant be run anymore in there.

The WS uses File GeoDB reader and writer.

I installed 32bit version. I also installed on second machine but get the same error there as well.

Any ideas?

Thank you, Rob

6 replies

Badge
I created new WS in FME 2018 and added a FileGeoDB Reader - FME crashes as soon as I pick FileGeoDB from the Format drop down list.

I have W7 64bit but FME and ArcMap are 32bit.

Badge

the two MS updates mentioned here have been installed on my machine.

I can't install ESRI's hot fix as I have the 32bit version of ArcMap 10.3.1 installed.

Rolling back the MS patches is not an option.

Badge

Hi,

i restarted my PC and FME 2018RC opened the workspace without any issues.

I then opened IExplorer to update my post and tried to open the workspace again using WinExplorer Context menu "Edit with...." - and FME crashes again.

Rob

Badge

Hi,

removed FME 2018 RC and donwloaded the latest build of 2018 RC (18278) but the problem is still there. When I create a new workspace an add a Reader FME crashes as soon as I pick Esri File GDB as file format. Opening existung workspace where File GDB reader/writer is present causes FME to crash in 19 of 20 attempts.

Rob

Userlevel 4
Badge +25

Can you send it to support? http://safe.com/support - obviously with 2018 about to ship this would be something we'd look at very urgently

Badge

Hi @Mark2AtSafe,

support has already got in touch with me,

Rob