Question

Topological Error like overshoots ,undershoots and pseudo node

• 16 March 2017
  • 9 replies

Hi All,

I have road network where in i want to find the the overshoots,undershoots and pseudonode in network.

I have tried to build the topology using the topology builder but note sure about other transformers which can be used to do this. I have done this in arc but not in FME.

Can some body help me to find the correct transformer to do this task in FME.

Thank you in advance :)

9 replies

Userlevel 4

This should be a good starting point:

https://knowledge.safe.com/articles/981/example-of-the-smartcleaner-custom-transformer.html

You can download the SmartCleaner custom transformer on the FME Hub.

Badge +16

The other option would be to use the MRF transformers.

Userlevel 4

Agree. They're expensive, but in my experience they're well worth it when the going gets tough.

Link: https://www.safe.com/solutions/specialty/mrfcleaner/

Hi David,

Thank you for suggesting the smartcleaner.

smart cleaner is cleaning the geometry but in my case just want to identify the error i dont want to repair them. so i am using few transformer form smart cleaner to do this with some changes. so far i have succeeded with identifying the overshoots. for this I am building the topology and then using length calculator for calculating the length for each segment of the network and then a tester which has a set tolerance/distance for overshoot to filter out overshoot segments and illustrative WB for overshoot identification.

But struggling to identify the undershoots now.Any help on this

thank you in advance :)

Hi,

I have read about the super cleaner but not sure about how i can integrate it in FME.

What if using the Smartcleaner first and then put cleaned and original through the ChangeDetector?

Then "Added" and "Deleted" are the identified error locations.

Userlevel 4

I agree with @webklaas about considering the ChangeDetector or similar.

Another option to detect undershoots would be to use the LineExtender followed by an Intersector to see if the number of intersections change, which would indicate a possible undershoot.

Userlevel 4
Hi,

I have read about the super cleaner but not sure about how i can integrate it in FME.

You would have to buy a separate license for the MRFCleaner transformer family, see the link I provided above.

I agree with @webklaas about considering the ChangeDetector or similar.

Another option to detect undershoots would be to use the LineExtender followed by an Intersector to see if the number of intersections change, which would indicate a possible undershoot.

Thank you David .I will surly try this. :)