Solved

Convert .las to .dwg or .dxf ?

• 17 June 2016
  • 3 replies

Hello, i am recently started using this software and i want to convert to classes from my las file to dwg so i can use them in Skatch up? Is there a way or i am too newbee :D Thanks

icon

Best answer by redgeographics 17 June 2016, 11:35

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +25

Short answer: yes. You can read the .las file using the LAS reader, then use a PointCloudCoercer to turn the point cloud into individual points and output those to DWG/DXF (or to Sketchup directly, FME supports that too).

Alternatively you can use a SurfaceModeller to generate a TIN or a surface from the point cloud data and export that. That might actually be a better solution because point clouds tend to have lots of points and it may be way too detailed for what you want to do.

Short answer: yes. You can read the .las file using the LAS reader, then use a PointCloudCoercer to turn the point cloud into individual points and output those to DWG/DXF (or to Sketchup directly, FME supports that too).

Alternatively you can use a SurfaceModeller to generate a TIN or a surface from the point cloud data and export that. That might actually be a better solution because point clouds tend to have lots of points and it may be way too detailed for what you want to do.

@redgeographics Thanks Man. That does not sound complicated and will save me some time if i manage to make that model :D

I made it, it was not that hard, i am new but thanks again.