Solved

Job Priority Not Supported in FME Server 2018.1

Badge +5

Has described in the article job priority is no more supported. I've migrated to fme server 2018.1.0.3 and dekstop too. I have upgraded FMEServerJobSubmitters but in advanced settings of the transformer I find Job priority ... 100 . Why? I can't delete the value and if I run my jobs I find warning in fmeserver.log:

WARN RequestHandler-Thread 404636 : Job 1801 specifies a priority, but job priority is no longer supported. Use job queue priority instead. Please see: http://fme.ly/KB72058

How to fix warning and my workbench? Thank you

icon

Best answer by hollyatsafe 27 November 2018, 00:22

View original

10 replies

Badge +2

Hi @giosp,

In the FMEServerJobSubmitter once you have set the Connection you should be able to click on the drop down arrow next to Advanced > Job Queue and select Refresh...this will remove the Job Priority parameter from the window and the warning should no longer be present in the fmeserver.log.

This parameter is still listed to maintain backwards compatibility with Job Priority.

Badge +2

Hi @giosp,

In the FMEServerJobSubmitter once you have set the Connection you should be able to click on the drop down arrow next to Advanced > Job Queue and select Refresh...this will remove the Job Priority parameter from the window and the warning should no longer be present in the fmeserver.log.

This parameter is still listed to maintain backwards compatibility with Job Priority.

Edit - If you have the advanced tab open when you select a web connection that is 2018.1+ this parameter is removed automatically - I have filed a request to get this fixed so that it is removed automatically when the advanced window is collapsed as well to avoid this manual refresh step.

Badge +5

Hi @giosp,

Thank you @hollyatsafe, that's ok!

Is it possible to disable the reset of the parameters when there is a refresh of the component?

out topic: when you aren't logged in the knowledge center and you write a post, when you push on post answer the login form appear and after the authentication you are redirected to the KC home page. As result you lose your post. There is an option to stay logged in or to return back to the asnwer form? Thanks

Badge +2

Thank you @hollyatsafe, that's ok!

Is it possible to disable the reset of the parameters when there is a refresh of the component?

out topic: when you aren't logged in the knowledge center and you write a post, when you push on post answer the login form appear and after the authentication you are redirected to the KC home page. As result you lose your post. There is an option to stay logged in or to return back to the asnwer form? Thanks

Hi @giosp,

a) When I select the refresh button I do not lose the values for any parameters I have already set so I am not sure what you are referring to here?

b) Sorry that you are running into this problem, both being logged out and being redirected to the homepage are known issues since we performed an upgrade to the KC but they have been looked into and we are working to address these.

Badge +5

Hi @giosp,

Hi @hollyatsafe

My jobsumitter have parameters and parameters are linked to published parameter in the workbench. If I push on refresh, parameter in jobsubmitter are reset to default as saved in the selected worchbench that I want to execute.

after refresh button, lose link at published variables...

Badge +2

Hi @hollyatsafe

My jobsumitter have parameters and parameters are linked to published parameter in the workbench. If I push on refresh, parameter in jobsubmitter are reset to default as saved in the selected worchbench that I want to execute.

after refresh button, lose link at published variables...

Hi @giosp,

Ah I understand the problem, I'm sorry unfortunately there is no way to stop this from reverting back to the default. However since it is just a warning in the log file I wouldn't worry about changing all your workspaces because it does not affect how the workspace is run as this parameter is just ignored.

Badge +5

Hi @hollyatsafe,

in my logs I still see warning about priority on scheduled jobs that haven't jobsumitter inside. I've investigated in the fme server db and I've found that in the transformation_request field on fme_schedule_task table there is a directive <TM_DIRECTIVE name="priority" value="10"/> for the specific scheduled task . This parameter was imported from the backup of fme server 2016. In the schedule interface I can't find the input box about priority. Could I remove this directive directly from the db field? Thanks.

Badge +2

Hi @hollyatsafe,

in my logs I still see warning about priority on scheduled jobs that haven't jobsumitter inside. I've investigated in the fme server db and I've found that in the transformation_request field on fme_schedule_task table there is a directive <TM_DIRECTIVE name="priority" value="10"/> for the specific scheduled task . This parameter was imported from the backup of fme server 2016. In the schedule interface I can't find the input box about priority. Could I remove this directive directly from the db field? Thanks.

Hi @giosp,

Thank you for highlighting the problem, we wouldn't recommend making any changes directly in the database. I've had a conversation with one of our developers and we are looking into a more suitable workaround. In the meantime I have filed a Jira bug to request this is fixed.

Is there a particular reason you do not want any warnings reported in the fmeserver log?

Badge +2

Hi @giosp,

Thank you for highlighting the problem, we wouldn't recommend making any changes directly in the database. I've had a conversation with one of our developers and we are looking into a more suitable workaround. In the meantime I have filed a Jira bug to request this is fixed.

Is there a particular reason you do not want any warnings reported in the fmeserver log?

Hi again @giosp,

A suggested workaround whilst we get this issue addressed is to use the REST API to remove the Priority TM Directive:

1. Navigate to /fmerest

2. GET /fmerest/v3/schedules/<category>/<scheduleName>

3. Copy Response Body

4. Remove TMDirectives Priority

5. Paste body into PUT /fmerest/v3/schedules/<category>/<scheduleName>

If you have lots of FME Server Schedules that run into this problem, this process could be automated with a workspace.

Badge +5

Hi @hollyatsafe,

Hi @hollyatsafe,

thank you for the workaround. I fixed our imported scheduled task. Now no more warning are present in logs.

Logs are monitored and our sysadmin receive alerts.... so now he is happy. Thank you.