Question

featuremerger error 0 output features

• 17 July 2014
  • 6 replies

Hi

I am having trouble with what I thought was a simple task I have done several times before. I have an excel dataset with a few attributes I would like to join to a shapefile based on an attribute they both share (link ID). I have tried using featuremerger but I always get the same result: it looks like the data has merged fine but when I open the shapefile there are no attributes appended from the table and the log shows the following errors:

Final Output Feature Type Router(TestFactory): Tested 431964 input feature(s) -- 431964 feature(s) passed and 0 feature(s) failed

Final Output Nuker(TeeFactory): Cloned 0 input feature(s) into 0 output feature(s)

I thought it might just be a bug so i have tried starting again, closing FME and reopening, resaving the inputs etc. Nothing so far has worked. Any ideas?

6 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +17
Hi,

I recommend you to inspect the output features using Data Inspector at first.

Connect an Inspector to Merged port of the FeatureMerger, and run the workspace.

If merged attributes appeared in the Table View of Data Inspector, there could be a problem in the SHAPE writer feature type setting. Check if the Excel attributes have been added as User Attributes.

Takashi
Hi Tekashi

The attributes appear in the table view of data inspector. the features of the table are "added" to teh user attributes but they are not coming through (they are showing with the little red arrow next to them). The final shapefile actually contains no attributes (even the original ones) which are set to be included.
Userlevel 2
Badge +17
Open Feature Type Properties of the SHAPE writer feature type, and check again if the attributes have been added as Use Attributes.

Hi

Hopefully you can see what I have attached. The attributes from the table have the little red arrows.
Userlevel 2
Badge +17
Do the red attribute names match exactly with the attribute names of input features?

Could you please show the attributes under the AttributeRemover?
Hi Tekashi

Your last question jogged something in my memory- I realised my table attributes were too long and thus the match was not exact (2 letters were cut off). I shortened the atrribute labels in the table and it worked absolutely perfectly. Thanks so much for your prompt and excellent help!