Solved

Is there any why to upgrade version of old translator to new(current version)?

Is there any why to upgrade version of old translator to new(current version)? not by delete and re insert new one.

I have some workspace writen by old version of FME, so I want use them in new version of fme, but I found some times can not work fine, so I want find a way to upgrade to these workspace to new version quick and easy.

icon

Best answer by david_r 19 July 2017, 13:07

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +17

Hi @NFC, if you are using FME 2016 or later, you can find a menu command called "Upgrade Transformer" in the right-click menu on an upgradable transformer. Also, all the upgradable transformers in the workspace are listed under the "Upgradable Transformers" node in the Navigator.

Userlevel 4

It's also a good idea to read the documentation regarding transformer updates, there are some important things to consider regarding possible differences in behavior between certain versions:

https://docs.safe.com/fme/html/FME_Desktop_Documentation/FME_Workbench/Workbench/Working_With_Transformer_Versions.htm

Hi @NFC, if you are using FME 2016 or later, you can find a menu command called "Upgrade Transformer" in the right-click menu on an upgradable transformer. Also, all the upgradable transformers in the workspace are listed under the "Upgradable Transformers" node in the Navigator.

Thanks, So it is, FME always wonderful.

It's also a good idea to read the documentation regarding transformer updates, there are some important things to consider regarding possible differences in behavior between certain versions:

https://docs.safe.com/fme/html/FME_Desktop_Documentation/FME_Workbench/Workbench/Working_With_Transformer_Versions.htm

Thanks for your replay and Sorry for waste your time. I using FME 2015 and Not found that feature of upgrade in it, so I installed 2017, this feature in 2017 just LIKE what I want. It's perfect.
Userlevel 4
Thanks for your replay and Sorry for waste your time. I using FME 2015 and Not found that feature of upgrade in it, so I installed 2017, this feature in 2017 just LIKE what I want. It's perfect.
No worries, keep on asking questions :-)