Solved

What does "OUTPUT does not recognize tag 'REJECTED'" mean in FME Server?

• 1 June 2018
  • 1 reply

Badge

I have a workspace with a custom transformer that contains GeometryValidator transformer. The transformer should check fme_geometry for basic geometry checks. The workspace works fine in FME Desktop when is run locally. When the workspace is loaded onto FME Server I get the above error message in the logger. Before hitting that transformer the native coordinates of the feature are converted from WKT (the format which enters the workspace) before that transformer (the GeometryValidator) I have also other checks that prevent the process to proceed if the WKT is empty or the area is smaller than a certain threshold, for some reasons when I test it with smaller areas or empty strings the transformer is called and produces the above error. Also, I tried to disable the GeometryValidator transformer but I still get that error, when the data does not even pass by that transformer. If I remove the transformer from the workspace and I upload it to server then everything works fine but I would need to have a further geometry check in place. I am running FME Desktop 2018.1 and FME 2018.0.0.3 Server. Could anyone help? Thanks

icon

Best answer by lauraatsafe 4 June 2018, 22:07

View original

1 reply

Badge +9

Hi @alex_chris, I believe the error you're seeing is related to the version mismatch between your FME Server and FME Desktop installations (you're creating workspaces using the newer 2018.1 Desktop and uploading them to an older 2018.0 Server). The GeometryValidator was updated in 2018.1 to add a new <rejected> port, since that transformer did not have a rejected port in 2018.0, FME Server isn't able to run the workspace that uses the newer version of the GeometryValidator. If you use FME Desktop 2018.0.0.3 to open that workspace, re-add the GeometryValidator, then publish to FME Server, that should let this run without that error. I hope that helps!