Question

How to find out which subscription is connected to fme server's topic ?

Badge +3

Is there any way ?, that I can find out the subscription connected to topic. from subscription , i can see the topic name. but not other way. in my case , there are many subscriptions and topics. So from fme workbench i get topic name, but from the topic name , i cannot extract / know the subscription name

3 replies

Badge +2

Hi @fkemminje,

I would recommend making a series of requests to the FME Server Rest API to retrieve information about all Topics associated with a Subscription.

1. First GET /notifications/subscriptions so retrieve a list of all subscription names
  2. Then use the attribute with the subscription names with GET /notifications/subscriptions/< subscription >/topics to get all the assigned topics for each subscription.

You can do this in FME Desktop using a series of HTTPCallers and JSON transformers to parse out the response body into attributes.

Please see attached workspace for an example of how this might work. You will need to provide a value for the FME Server Web Connection parameter and if running the workspace on FME Desktop also the FME Server Parameter FME_SERVER_WEB_URL.

getsubscribertopics.fmw

Badge +3

Hi @fkemminje,

I would recommend making a series of requests to the FME Server Rest API to retrieve information about all Topics associated with a Subscription.

1. First GET /notifications/subscriptions so retrieve a list of all subscription names
  2. Then use the attribute with the subscription names with GET /notifications/subscriptions/< subscription >/topics to get all the assigned topics for each subscription.

You can do this in FME Desktop using a series of HTTPCallers and JSON transformers to parse out the response body into attributes.

Please see attached workspace for an example of how this might work. You will need to provide a value for the FME Server Web Connection parameter and if running the workspace on FME Desktop also the FME Server Parameter FME_SERVER_WEB_URL.

getsubscribertopics.fmw

@hollyatsafe I need, other way. I have topics name, and I need subscription name from topic name. , And not from fme desktop. Within fme server itself.

If this tool does not exist in your server, then this may be a good idea to include one.

I know, by clicking each subscription, we get topic name. But I should open all the subscription s .

Badge +2

@hollyatsafe I need, other way. I have topics name, and I need subscription name from topic name. , And not from fme desktop. Within fme server itself.

If this tool does not exist in your server, then this may be a good idea to include one.

I know, by clicking each subscription, we get topic name. But I should open all the subscription s .

Hi @fkemminje,

It is not currently possible to retrieve all of this information from within the FME Server Web UI.

I'd recommend posting on our Ideas page to request this enhancement. However please note that since Notifications is now legacy functionality with Automations being the preferred route, I'm not sure if this idea is something that would be picked up for work by our product owners.