Question

AS/400 DB2 ODBC Error

• 18 October 2017
  • 0 replies

Badge +1
  • Contributor
  • 4 replies

I have a support case in on this - C131989 - but figured I’d ask here as well. I have an existing workspace that’s been running fine every night for months. All it does is access several tables in an AS/400 DB2 database (via an ODBC connection) and export these to a SQL Server database. This is about as simple as an FME workspace can be i.e. one reader to one writer for several tables, no transformers. I now need to add a new table. When I try to import the feature type from the reader, I get the list of tables, select the one I want, and then get the following error:

Opening ODBC 3.x Reader

ODBC 3.x Reader: Dataset = GTCOUNTY.HTEDTA. Username = citywork. Password = ************

Connecting to database...

ODBC 3.x Reader: The DBMS name fetched by ODBC driver is 'DB2/400 SQL'

ODBC 3.x Reader: The DBMS version fetched by ODBC driver is '07.01.0015'

ODBC 3.x Reader: Database version is '7.1.15'

ODBC 3.x Reader: Current schema is 'citywork'

ODBC 3.x Reader: Now reading schema for LMASREP

Database Generated Error Information:

Database Error Message: [IBM][System i Access ODBC Driver][DB2 for i5/OS]SQL0501 - Cursor SQL_CUR04D2E820 not open.

Database SQL Statement Text: SELECT * FROM "LMASREP" WHERE 1=0

SQL State: 07005

Variable Information:

ODBC 3.x Reader: Failed to get schema for feature type 'LMASREP'. Continuing with next feature type in the list

Closing ODBC 3.x Reader

I’ve also tried re-adding the existing tables and adding other tables and get the same error. So this isn’t table specific. It appears to be with all listed tables.

Finally, I have setup a linked server in the target SQL Server instance and can access these tables using the same user and ODBC connection.

Any ideas?

- Brooks

0 replies

Be the first to reply!