Solved

CityGML Terrain from accurate TIN data

Hi FME Community!

My goal is to construct CityGML Terrain model (dem:TINRelief) from really accurate TIN data created with 3D modeling software.

I have found certain ways to construct CityGML Terrain with FME but it always starts with generating TIN surface with the TINGenerator. I don't want to construct TIN again in FME environment. Because if I do so, the TIN is not anymore as accurate as it was in the beginning.

Is there any other way to get CityGML Terrain model than generating TIN again with FME?

icon

Best answer by daveatsafe 1 April 2019, 18:24

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +17

Hi @aiai,

FME can read meshes and surfaces from many of the common 3D modelling applications, through formats such as OBJ, Sketchup, Collada and FBX. These can be converted directly to TINRelief without the need to rebuild the TIN.

Badge

Hi @aiai, I just see that your question covers mine quite a lot! Because of the data structure, I am currently fighting to get me TIN Information into a CityGML as relief. Were you already successful with your conversion? Which steps did you take in your Workspace to get from the TINSurface to a CityGML relief?