Solved

Undefined Macro 'FILE_TYPE' dereferenced in file 'FILE_PATH' error

Badge

Undefined macro `SourceDataset_FILEGDB_3_FILEGDB_3' dereferenced in file `A:\\...\\...\\FME Worksapces\\wb-xlate-1459541027202_6756'

Program Terminating

This error happened to me today for no identifiable reason. If anyone has encountered this issue or has an idea as to why this could happen I encourage you to share your thoughts here.

After this happened two files were created in the folder where I store my work spaces (Not where temp files go).

wb-xlate-1459541027202_6756

AND

wb-xlate-145865875395_6136

A peculiar thing happened to one of my readers and it kept "resetting" to not being set (<Not Set>). So you could not open the containing folder or edit the path. It had no options, but the schema and the reader were still in the workspace.

At first I tried rolling back to the very beginning of my work flow history to check if the translation would run when it used to run, but no, I got the same error.

The problem can be fixed by copying over the entire workflow into another work space.

@XiaomengAtSafe

icon

Best answer by trentatsafe 21 July 2017, 22:47

View original

25 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +13

Thanks for letting us know @rycharg -- if you were able to send the workspace that exhibited this to support@safe.com we can look more closely. My hunch is that this is related to something having gone wrong when the readers were originally added. Glad you were able to work around it.

Thanks for letting us know @rycharg -- if you were able to send the workspace that exhibited this to support@safe.com we can look more closely. My hunch is that this is related to something having gone wrong when the readers were originally added. Glad you were able to work around it.

Also experiencing this problem. Did you chase down the reason?

Badge +3

I know these types of error can happen when you copy/paste or copy by dragging a reader from one workspace to another.

Removing the reader and, save and create it anew mostly helps.

End else, indeed, create a fresh canvas, copy the workspace, but not the culprit reader.

Userlevel 4
Badge +25

@ottadini I looked but couldn't find any evidence that the issue was sent to support or filed with our developers. Which version of FME are you using? If we did fix the issue then it is likely to be in FME2017. So upgrade to FME2017 and open the workspace again and see if that helps. If you are already using FME2017 then please do submit this to our support team (http://safe.com/support) so that we can fix it for sure now. Thanks.
Userlevel 4
Badge +13

Actually we did fix this issue in FME 2017.0 -- it did occur in some cases where readers were copied and pasted between workspaces. FME 2017.0 and later will detect such "bad" situations and cure the workspace.

Sorry about this problem.

Actually we did fix this issue in FME 2017.0 -- it did occur in some cases where readers were copied and pasted between workspaces. FME 2017.0 and later will detect such "bad" situations and cure the workspace.

Sorry about this problem.

I think I did experience it with 2017... but now I can't recall, sorry! I have two versions installed, 2017.0, and 2016.1.

I also fixed it by copying all of it to a new workspace.

I just had this myself and no readers at all in the workspace :-( Using 2017.0.1.1

I will send the workspace to safe right away :-)

Userlevel 4
Badge +25

I just had this myself and no readers at all in the workspace :-( Using 2017.0.1.1

I will send the workspace to safe right away :-)

Thanks, please do send the workspace. Then we'll be able to figure out what the problem is pretty quickly. Was the workspace created with that version of FME or any older one? I think that might be important.

Badge +6

If you experience the following error

"Undefined macro 'parameter name' dereferenced in file 'file name' "

Try downloading the latest version of the FME 2017.1. One of the last instances of this issue was implemented in the 2017.1 builds 17496 and later. The latest version of FME can be found at: https://www.safe.com/support/support-resources/fme-downloads/

Badge +11

I've also had this error when reading GeoTIFFs then going through rastermosaicker, reprojector, webmaptiler, stringconcatenator and to a PNGRasterizer writer. Safe have the workspace under ticket C131348 but it's also attached here. Tried re-adding the reader, then creating a new workspace, but the error still appears. I'll upgrade to 2017.1 and see if that deals with it.

web-map-tiler-2.fmw

As a side note, if anyone can offer some explanation on the PNGRasterizer writer and in particular the color name, for web map tile output, that would be great. I can't update my forum email but the correct one is . Thanks

Badge +1

If you experience the following error

"Undefined macro 'parameter name' dereferenced in file 'file name' "

Try downloading the latest version of the FME 2017.1. One of the last instances of this issue was implemented in the 2017.1 builds 17496 and later. The latest version of FME can be found at: https://www.safe.com/support/support-resources/fme-downloads/

Hi @trentatsafe, I am getting the same error.

I have FME Desktop 2017.1.1.1 (20171014 Build 17652 - WIN64) installed on my machine.

The error started to appear once I created and inserted a custom loop transformer which had to be exported out, into my workflow.

Since I have a build which is more recent than 17496, could there be something else I need to do to eliminate the error?

I tried copying the whole workspace to a brand new workspace, but I got the same error message.

Thanks

Badge +6

I have FME Desktop 2017.1.1.1 (20171014 Build 17652 - WIN64) installed on my machine.

The error started to appear once I created and inserted a custom loop transformer which had to be exported out, into my workflow.

Since I have a build which is more recent than 17496, could there be something else I need to do to eliminate the error?

I tried copying the whole workspace to a brand new workspace, but I got the same error message.

Thanks

Hi @aquamarine,

Are you able to share the log file along with the workspace?

Alternatively, if you are unable to share the workspace/logfile publically, would you be able to submit a support ticket(in order to share your workspace and a sample dataset privately)?

Badge +1

Thanks

Hi @trentatsafe I have created a ticket. Thanks,

Badge
Hi @trentatsafe I have created a ticket. Thanks,

Hi! Have you gotten any feedback @aquamarine? I also have this problem, and I am running FME 2017.1, also tried copying to a new workspace.

The error started when I copy/pasted a couple of transformers. No readers or writers, but a CustomTransformer was included.
Badge +6
Hi! Have you gotten any feedback @aquamarine? I also have this problem, and I am running FME 2017.1, also tried copying to a new workspace.

The error started when I copy/pasted a couple of transformers. No readers or writers, but a CustomTransformer was included.
hi @larrybird,

In the custom transformer you have, is there an Inspector present? If so, removing them should allow the workspace to run. If there are no inspectors present in the workspace/custom transformer would you mind submitting a support ticket?

Badge +1

Hi @larrybird

Yes like @trentatsafe said, the feedback I got was to remove the Inspectors from the custom transformer, and that has worked for me.
Badge

Thanks

HI! Thanks for the replies!

I cant find any inspectors, so I have sent in a support issue, ticket #C135000

Badge
HI! Thanks for the replies!

I cant find any inspectors, so I have sent in a support issue, ticket #C135000

Sorry about the large text size..
Badge +1

I just had this same issue and figured out that it was because I was trying to call an FME Server Parameter (FME_SHAREDRESOURCE_TEMP) within a custom transformer. I copied everything from the custom transformer (which includes Feature Readers) into 'Main' and it worked fine.

Badge

Hi guys,

I am using FME2019 and received this in the log:

Starting translation...

Undefined macro `ChangeDetector_OUTPUT_UNCHANGED_MACRO' dereferenced in file `C:\\temp\\wb-xlate-1538456617178_5428'

Program Terminating

Translation FAILED.

I can run a Matcher transformer with the same inputs and outputs but when I use the ChangeDetector transformer on the same inputs and outputs the error comes.

Any ideas on what the issue might be?

Cheers, Dave.

Badge

Update: issue was a non-wired-up (disabled) CSV Writer that had an invalid destination path:

$(DestDataset_CSV_16_CSV_18)

----

I'm getting this error in 2016.1 and have logged a support call.

I was tidying-up all the CSV output paths into a single output parameter and it seems something broke.

Badge

Hy,

I am experiencing the same issue on a workspace saved in FME 2020.1 b20614.

Any idea on how to solve this?

I cannot run it with workbench but run with quick translator is OK.

Workspace developped with FME 2019 and recently saved in 2020.1

Badge

Hy,

Hi Guys,

I found the solution to my problem:

Recently I had renamed a parameter from $(ROID) to $(CHILD_ROID).

In a FeatureWriter I used $(ROID) as featureType definition. Once connected, the input port name was $(ROID). After the rename of the parameter to $(CHRILD_ROID) the featureType definition within the Featurewriter was updated but not the input port name of the FeatureWriter.

I deleted the feature type and recreated it and it's gone to normal now.

Nothing to do with migration from 2019 to 2020.

All good ! Hope this helps others.

.JP

Hy,

Hi @jpvo​ , thanks for your question. I see this original post was from quite some time ago. Would you be open to post this as a new question for better visibility? Feel free to refer/link to this post for context. Thanks!

This happened now to me with a 2021.1 version of FME Desktop.

I've been working on a pipeline we've been using for some time now, this given User Parameter that the FME pipeline references as macro has been existing for a while, I've added a FileDeleter transformer and now I'm getting this error. Even if I delete this transformer, the same thing (not sure that is the cause but that's the most recent change)

Undefined macro `endpoint' dereferenced in file `E:\\Edi\\FME\\FME\\wb-xlate-1635161395297_11832'