Question

Datadownload serivce in FME server

Badge
Dear All , 

The uploaded files by the users get deleted before the process end , how to keep the uploaded file for a longer period . Also how to increase the performance of the datadownload services , it is taking one hour to report check conflict of an uploaded parcel againist all our store layers , is there is a way to speed up this , in arcmap when we found all intersect with this parcel it takes only 2 minuts . 

11 replies

Userlevel 4
Hi,

for your first question, take a look at this previous post.

For your second question we need more details. Can you describe or provide a screenshot of how you're processing your parcels?

David
Badge
Dear David ,    The file that is deleted is the uploaded file by the users not the extracted data , we need to keep the uploaeded files by the users to be there . We have the below error message that FM server is not locating the shape file that is uploaded by the end user , we thinking that might becuase the process is taking more than an hour.    2013-11-11 16:47:32|1828.8|  0.0|WARN  |Shape Reader: No Shape Files found to process in directory `C:\\apps\\FMEServer\\Server\\Upload\\upc\\CheckConflictWithMulitple.fmw\\00C1C5BB4C32359673D1EC25F68B6287\\cf.sbn'. Check directory and ids statement in mapping file 2013-11-11 16:47:32|1828.8|  0.0|WARN  |MULTI_READER(SHAPE_1): Skipping to next Reader   below is the image for the work bench 

https://www.dropbox.com/s/uupv51crr3fomgo/FME.png

Thanks , 

Userlevel 4
Badge +13
Hi,

I have experienced a similar behaviour, since FME server adds to the uploaded shape name, in my case the FeatureReader did not recognize the shape file. Can it be that the uploaded shape file name is too long?

Itay
Userlevel 4
Hi,

have you tried setting the FME_PURGE_INTERVAL on FME Server? It is documented here.

For the workspace, there are a lot of places to look. But here are a couple of ideas:
  • you need to analyse the log to see where FME spends the most of its time. If it is the SpatialRelator, consider testing with a SpatialFilter to see if you get better performance (explained in the FME help).
  • If it is the Writer, make sure that you write all your results to a local filesystem rather than to a network share.
There is a lot more info here.

Hope this helps.

David
Badge
It is not because long name since the name only cf.shp.
Badge
Hi, I tried fme purge interval before but there is no luck, most of time spent on reading the features classes. Thanks,
Userlevel 4
I suggest to open the folder with the Shape-file in Explorer during processing to check that the file is actually there during the entire time FME runs.

If it's there all the time, there is probably a workspace or configuration problem.

David
Badge
Hi , 

The shape file is there during the process but still I am getting the below error message . 

Shape Reader: No Shape Files found to process in directory `X:\\TeamSharing\\Ammad\\New folder\\cf.shp'. Check directory and ids statement in mapping file
Userlevel 4
Hi,

consider sending the workspace in question to your dealer or to Safe support for review. Remember to include the complete log file and input dataset(s).

David
Badge
Which user FME server is using to run the workbench , this might be becuase of the user doesn't have read access to the location of the uploaded file
Userlevel 4
Hi,

the workspace is executed with the account and rights associated with the FME Server service.

As a simple test, you could create a dummy workspace that reads the shapefile and just sends the contents to a logger and see how that works.

David