Question

TopologyBuilder in 2013 is very slow

• 25 March 2013
  • 3 replies
  • 1 view

Badge
I have tested the TopologyBuilder in FME 2012, FME 2013 and FME 2013 Server (64bit). Processing the data of approx 3milj. lines (street network)  in FME 2012 takes approx. 5 hours. With FME 2013 it takes over 22 hours and in FME server it takes over 50 hours (has not reache the end yet). I noticed that the transformer has been rewritten in the new FME version (since it is different from before). I suppose it is a bug! Does anyone  know of some other way to build the topology with FME?

3 replies

Badge +2

With 2013 is it with a Workbench authored in 2012 and opened in 2013 or a fresh workbench authored in 2013? I guess the latter by your comment about the transformer being rewritten.

If you haven't already logged directly with Safe I would do so as they always suggest each version is faster than the previous.

Badge
Yes, I have logged in with Safe, but not received answers yet :) What is also worrying is that FME server seems to be significantly slower than the desktop version (60 hours and still running,..)
Userlevel 4
Hi Jan,

there's really no good reason why the Server version should be slower than the Desktop version (everything else being equal), as the FME engine is exactly the same in the two versions.

Can you take a look at the workspace log on the Server and see what the last 10 lines are saying?

David