Solved

Cannot log into FME Server 2018.0 Docker deployment

• 20 April 2018
  • 3 replies

Badge

We have been running FME Server 2017.1 on Docker for a while, its great! I am trying to build a new FME Server 2018.0 on Docker and everything builds and I can bring up the log in page but after entering my credentials the page just clears out my info and nothing happens, I can hit the healthcheck rest endpoint and it says everything is "OK" but if I try and hit an endpoint that requires credentials I get the error:

"message": "Authentication failed: org.postgresql.util.PSQLException: ERROR: column l.last_updated does not exist\\n Position: 16"

I see that I am getting an error from the FME DB container log saying:

ERROR: column "guiline" of relation "fme_parameter" does not exist at character 117

I am using the FME Server 2018.0 as is, the only change is the EXTERNALHOSTNAME variable.

Any help would be appreciated.

icon

Best answer by rylanatsafe 24 April 2018, 20:14

View original

3 replies

Badge
@GerhardAtSafe, Safe Chat suggested I tag you on this.

Badge +11

On quick glance, the error "ERROR: column l.last_updated does not exist\\n Position: 16" could appear if you are reusing the same database schema from FME Server 2017.1 for FME Server 2018.

Although if you are going through a "reinstall / upgrade-in-place" process – for example, included the down -v command – and plan to restore using the Web Interface, then I'm not certain why you experience this error!

Badge

On quick glance, the error "ERROR: column l.last_updated does not exist\\n Position: 16" could appear if you are reusing the same database schema from FME Server 2017.1 for FME Server 2018.

Although if you are going through a "reinstall / upgrade-in-place" process – for example, included the down -v command – and plan to restore using the Web Interface, then I'm not certain why you experience this error!

Thanks for the hint on the down -v command. I had previously removed all containers and images and ran prune for both but something must have lingered.