Question

How to resize texture on many fbx

• 24 March 2020
  • 7 replies

Badge +11

Greetings friends. Tell me if FME has the ability to change the texture size in FBS files containing building models while maintaining UVM coordinates. If this is possible, tell me with the help of which translators this can be implemented

7 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +26

Hi @muzhnasto - have you simply tired to just resample the image files? I haven't had issues when doing that but perhaps it just didn't matter for my models

Badge +11

Hi virtualcitymatt I optimize 3D models for the web and convert them to b3dm. There the texture sizes are very large and I want to reduce them in batch in FME

Userlevel 4
Badge +26

Hi virtualcitymatt I optimize 3D models for the web and convert them to b3dm. There the texture sizes are very large and I want to reduce them in batch in FME

Ok sure, did you try resamping the texture files to see if that works? Or are you trying to incorporate this into an automatic pipeline workflow?

Badge +11

Yes a am trying to incorporate this into an automatic pipeline workflow.

Badge +11

Hi @muzhnasto - have you simply tired to just resample the image files? I haven't had issues when doing that but perhaps it just didn't matter for my models

Hi @virtualcitymatt I have not figured out how to remove textures from the model> resize> and how to reassign them without losing UVW Unwrap

Userlevel 4
Badge +26

Hi @virtualcitymatt I have not figured out how to remove textures from the model> resize> and how to reassign them without losing UVW Unwrap

Do you not have access to the texture files directly on the system? Is the FBX one single binary file including the textures?

If so the you can try converting to OBJ first. FME will write out the texture files as images. You can then resize them using any image tool (or even FME using a RasterResampler to set a lower) resolution.

Badge +11

Friends the issue is still not resolved. Maybe someone can share some ideas?