Question

Can I connect the Schema reader to a static schema writter?

• 10 February 2014
  • 3 replies
  • 1 view

Badge
Hi,

I am trying to read multiple databases at onces for a migration effort from one spatial data standard to the another. In the Schema (Any fortmat) example I found, it suggested to connect the the schema reader to a feature reader and then to a dynamic schema writter. My problem is that I need to write the data to a spefic schema and when I run the work space--redirect to inspection mode-- I see that the count in the number of features double once they pass the feature reader. Is this normal? This doesnt make sense to me but I have not run the workspace in writter mode yet. The counts are  throughing me off a bit. How will I know if the appropriate number of features are passing to the appropriate destination? I guess I amtrying to understand  why this happens. Any thoughts?

Thanks

3 replies

Badge
Itay:

Thanks for your feed back.  We are using the Schema reader because we have multiple databases  and feature classes involved in this process and we want to find a way to avoid  manual input as we want to make sure we dont miss anything or add it twice.
Badge
I think you were right.  I just attached  a creator instead of the Schema (Any format) as an input and pulled the FC from the feature reader. Nice...
Userlevel 3
Badge +13
ooops didnt mean to delete the inital responce.