Solved

Why are all my attributes not being transformed

• 24 February 2020
  • 5 replies
  • 1 view

Badge

I'm trying to map levels names from one MicroSation DGN file into different level names in another DGN file. Most of the levels are being mapped correctly but some features are not being mapped at all. Not sure why that is happening. Has anyone else had this problem?

icon

Best answer by daveatsafe 6 March 2020, 01:25

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +25

Can you share your workspace here? That'll make it easier for us to try and help you.

Badge

@redgeographics, Here is my workbench, csv file, source file and seed file. Let me know if you need anything else.

ss3-ss4.fmw TxDOT_ SS3_SS4.csvSS3 Test.dgnSS4_Seed.dgn

Userlevel 4
Badge +25

Ok, I'm not a Microstation expert so I'm not sure why this is happening, but:

If I run your workspace I get a lot of warnings saying the level names are already present in the template (seed) file and that the unmodified level name will be used. Switching to one of the generic seed files that came with FME does result in the new level names showing up in the output file.

Hope this helps.

Badge

Ok, I'm not a Microstation expert so I'm not sure why this is happening, but:

If I run your workspace I get a lot of warnings saying the level names are already present in the template (seed) file and that the unmodified level name will be used. Switching to one of the generic seed files that came with FME does result in the new level names showing up in the output file.

Hope this helps.

When I run it with another seed file I still get missing features being written. Missing features.JPG

Userlevel 2
Badge +17

The workspace was apparently created from a different DGN file, using a Merged input, and with all the levels chosen in Feature Types to Read. When the input is switched to a file with some different level names, these are not selected for input, and are skipped.

Leaving Feature Types to Read blank when reading from DGN will ensure that all the levels are read, from any DGN file.