Question

FIltering out large number of Attribute values

• 17 October 2017
  • 5 replies

Badge +6

Need to filter out the large list of Attribute values(Around random 10000 values) to be processed. Currently it is tedious using 'AttributeFilter' transformer as it needs all 10000 output ports to be connected to next transformer for further processing.

There should be other transformers for sure which I don't remember any. Please help.

-Thanks

5 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +30

Hi @fmeuser_gc,

You can try to use the transformer AttributeRangeFilter.

The option Generate enable you set values Minimum and Maximum and the number of Ranges.

Thanks,

Danilo

Badge +6

Hi @fmeuser_gc,

You can try to use the transformer AttributeRangeFilter.

The option Generate enable you set values Minimum and Maximum and the number of Ranges.

Thanks,

Danilo

This transformer might need all ranges. But I can't use range as all the values are random

Userlevel 2
Badge +12

I would list the values in an external source (database table, csv file, Excel file) and use the FeatureMerger to check if the values are available in the external source.

The database table would be my preference.

That allows adding values to the source without having to change the workspace.

Badge +6

I would list the values in an external source (database table, csv file, Excel file) and use the FeatureMerger to check if the values are available in the external source.

The database table would be my preference.

That allows adding values to the source without having to change the workspace.

@erik_jan, this worked and is the best reply. You saved my time. Thanks.
Badge +13

In addition to what @erik_jan said, instead of featuremerger, you could also use the databasejoiner.
Then you don't need another reader.