Question

adding a point geometry to heterogenous collection

Badge
I am trying to create a workspace to write to a small world 4 database that has both point featurs and area features. I have a file geodatabase with a polygon featurea class, I would like to add the polygons as the areas and then create a point inside of the polygon and add it to as the point.  

I have been trying to use the insidepointextractor and a vertex creator to create the point. Then a aggrgator to create a hetergenous collection with a area and a point for each input ID.  

The vertex creator keeps failing because it is looking for a null, point or line geometry to add the point to and all it can find is the polygon.

Any advice would be appreciated

2 replies

Badge +2
Hi,

I think, Geometry is not present for few input features provided by which it can generate inside point. Please check

1. Whether all the input features are polygons or not

2. Geometry is present for all the input polygons

Pratap
Badge
I was able to add a second geomoetry by duplicating the GDB reader and adding the vertex creator to the duplicated reader with the replace geometry option. I then connected both datastreams to an aggregator. This resulted in a multipart geometry with a point and a polygon for each feature in the GDB.