Question

Elevation Profile

• 11 January 2018
  • 2 replies

Badge

Hi!

I have a lot of elevation profiles. These profiles have polyline geometry. I want to add additional vertices to profile lines with custom step of elevation (f.e. each 1 meter of elevation).

Do you have any ideas how to do this task?

Many thanks beforehand!

2 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +17

Hi @sega, if I understood your requirement correctly, this procedure could be a solution.

1. Swap the Y and Z coordinates of the line (CoordinateSwapper).
  2. Create equi-interval horizontal lines which cover the source line. Here, the Y axis direction is equivalent to the original Z axis direction, since the Y and Z coordinates of the line have been swapped at first.
  3. Generate all cross points between the source line and the horizontal lines (Intersector).
  4. Split the source line at the cross points (PointOnLineOverlayer).
  5. Recombine the split line into a single line (LineCombiner).
  6. Swap the Y and Z coordinates of the line to restore the original axes (CoordinateSwapper).

Hi @sega, if I understood your requirement correctly, this procedure could be a solution.

1. Swap the Y and Z coordinates of the line (CoordinateSwapper).
  2. Create equi-interval horizontal lines which cover the source line. Here, the Y axis direction is equivalent to the original Z axis direction, since the Y and Z coordinates of the line have been swapped at first.
  3. Generate all cross points between the source line and the horizontal lines (Intersector).
  4. Split the source line at the cross points (PointOnLineOverlayer).
  5. Recombine the split line into a single line (LineCombiner).
  6. Swap the Y and Z coordinates of the line to restore the original axes (CoordinateSwapper).

Hello Mr. @takashi, I'd like to ask you how to extract multiple las from one by their elevation values, e.g. one would be from 2 to 4 meters, then 4-8, 8-10 and so on. A very simple tool would be great. I am working on forest point clouds, I need to access different strata, thank you in advance!