Question

JobHistoryStatisticsGathering problem

• 20 June 2018
  • 1 reply

Badge

Hi, I'm trying to run the JobHistoryStatisticsGathering workspace on FME Server and I'm having some trouble with security. When I try to run the workspace I get the following errors in the log:

JobHistoryReader_HTTPCaller_2(HTTPFactory): HTTP/FTP transfer error: 'SSL connect error'

JobHistoryReader_HTTPCaller_2(HTTPFactory): Please ensure that your network connection is properly set up

JobHistoryReader_HTTPCaller_2(HTTPFactory): No proxy settings have been entered. If you require a proxy to access external URLs, please ensure the appropriate information has been entered

I enabled HTTPS when installing the server, so the URL the workspace is trying to initially connect to is HTTPS://{servername}:80/fmetoken/generate

I've modified the HTTP_Caller client parameters in the JobHistoryReader component to turn off SSL certificate validation as per the tip in

https://knowledge.safe.com/articles/55053/fme-server-troubleshooting-fme-server-dashboards.html

but it still isn't working. Trying to navigate to the fmetoken/generate URL in IE gives the following page:

This page canrsquo;t be displayed

Turn on TLS 1.0, TLS 1.1 and TLS 1.2 in Advanced settings and try connecting to https://pri-fme-01.surreycc.local:80 again. If this error persists, it is possible that this site uses an unsupported protocol or cipher suite such as RC4 (link for the details), which is not considered secure. Please contact your site administrator

Does anyone have any ideas what could be wrong? I'm guessing it's to do with SSL/TLS configuration on the server but not sure what is required to make the connection work

Thanks

Adam

1 reply

Badge
Incidentally, I used IISCrypto to disable some protocols and ciphers, in order to meet our corporate security standards. If someone know which ones need to be enabled in order to make the web service work, I can go back to the security team to request that we enable them

I can provide a list of what's enabled/disabled if that would help

Thanks

Adam