Solved

Fetch PDF/ TIF files from one server, Copy to another using common reference numbers in SQL database and Excel source file

• 25 February 2019
  • 3 replies

Badge

Hi there,

Probably a fairly simple one for you, but I'm a total novice!

I have hundreds of thousands of files in PDF and TIF formats hosted on a server - lets call it Server 1.

In a SQL2008 database on another server called Server 2, I have over 100000 records which contain a specific reference number which links these files individually (so that one reference number might be linked to several PDFs or TIFs using the same reference number, e.g. Ref number 19994321 on Server 2 will be related to PDFs/ TIFs with the Ref number 19994321 on Server 1).

In an Excel spreadsheet, I have a list of the reference numbers on Server 2 that I want to retrieve files for from Server 1 and I need to call them using two field names in the SQL database which defines the PDF/ TIF- under either 'Subject_Name' or 'doc_Type' and containing certain words as a parameter to narrow the search: 'Site Location Map' and/ or 'Location'.

I want to then copy those files (once identified from Server 1) to another location - call it Server 3.

Would really value any help setting up the workbench for this..

Thanks all

icon

Best answer by markatsafe 26 February 2019, 17:44

View original

3 replies

Badge +2

I've created a mock-up workspace that should illustrate the major steps. The key is the FileCopy writer which can take a source file name/path and copy or move a file to a target location.

Badge

That's great Mark - I'll give it a go - thank you so much!

Badge

I've created a mock-up workspace that should illustrate the major steps. The key is the FileCopy writer which can take a source file name/path and copy or move a file to a target location.

Hi Mark, thanks again for your help - I can't source the excel reader transformer,, would you be able to help me please?

many thanks, Irene