Solved

Rejection Code: EXTRA_REFERENCE_FEATURE

• 19 May 2017
  • 5 replies

Badge +11

Hi FME'ers,

on the FeatureMerger, I get the rejection code 'EXTRA_REFERENCE_FEATURE. Does anyone know what this could mean?

The problem occurs on a Supplier object, coming from AutoCAD Map3D, with OD objects. It merges with an Oracle table, using two attributes. When checking visually, the attributes should match, but it doesn't come that far because of the rejection.

icon

Best answer by takashi 19 May 2017, 14:10

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +17

Hi @jelle, check if the rejected features match one of the conditions described in the help: "If Process Duplicate Suppliers is No, then duplicate suppliers will be rejected. If Reject Null and Missing Keys is Yes, then keyless features will be rejected." -- description about the <Rejected> port in the help doc of FeatureMerger

Badge

Could you maybe give an example of the data? And your settings in the FeatureMerger?

Is your comparison mode set to automatic?

Did you try using a DatabaseJoiner? If yes, you had the same issue?
Badge +11

Hi @jelle, check if the rejected features match one of the conditions described in the help: "If Process Duplicate Suppliers is No, then duplicate suppliers will be rejected. If Reject Null and Missing Keys is Yes, then keyless features will be rejected." -- description about the <Rejected> port in the help doc of FeatureMerger

Thank you Takashi. There is indeed a problem with values that should be unique. Duplicate suppliers has to be on No. I was focussing too much on the message 'EXTRA_REFERENCE_FEATURE'. Maybe 'DUPLICATE_SUPPLIER' would have been better.

Badge +6

I had the same issue the other day (using fme 2017.1)

Checked my data, and I was sure I really didn't have any duplicate suppliers.

I manage to solve it by changing the Comparison mode of my key field from Automatic to String.

The field had type char(8), but apparently FME tried to compare it as Integer and found a match. Possibly because the value started with a number?

Userlevel 2
Badge +17

I had the same issue the other day (using fme 2017.1)

Checked my data, and I was sure I really didn't have any duplicate suppliers.

I manage to solve it by changing the Comparison mode of my key field from Automatic to String.

The field had type char(8), but apparently FME tried to compare it as Integer and found a match. Possibly because the value started with a number?

It's intentional. "The Comparison Mode column specifies how to perform the comparison between Requestor and Supplier attribute values. If Automatic or Numeric is specified, an attempt will be made to convert attribute values to numbers before comparing them." -- Help on FeatureMerger