Question

Is it possible to create a Steiner Tree algorithm using FME?

• 25 April 2018
  • 4 replies

I found an example of the minimum spanning tree but wondering if it is possible to do Steiner Tree. I have the Edges, Nodes and Steiner Nodes all created but I want the optimal undirected route to connect all the Nodes.

4 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +30

Hi @joeburns,

I believe you can to do using the transformer PythonCaller. I found this link on git hub Steiner tree Python

The transformer StreamOrderCalculator works with Strahler and Horton method.

Thanks,

Danilo

Hi @joeburns,

I believe you can to do using the transformer PythonCaller. I found this link on git hub Steiner tree Python

The transformer StreamOrderCalculator works with Strahler and Horton method.

Thanks,

Danilo

I have tried the PythonCaller and one or two of the examples on the knowledge forum but whenever I try to send the PythonCaller two input transformers (one points, the other lines) the script always seems to treat them as a single input and not as two separate entities. Do you know how to pass two datasets through the PythonCaller to a Python script?

Userlevel 4
Badge +30
I have tried the PythonCaller and one or two of the examples on the knowledge forum but whenever I try to send the PythonCaller two input transformers (one points, the other lines) the script always seems to treat them as a single input and not as two separate entities. Do you know how to pass two datasets through the PythonCaller to a Python script?

Could you share your Workspace template ( .fmwt ) ?

Could you share your Workspace template ( .fmwt ) ?

This is the basis of what I am trying to achieve. I have tried to edit the python script but have been unsuccessful (not very experienced with Python).

steinertree.fmwt