Question

3d distance between points and polygons

• 23 June 2016
  • 1 reply

I have 2 input files. One is point cloud, and the other one is the CityGML. In the CityGML, I have the roof surface (polygons), and for point could, I have all the points just above the roof. I wanted to measure the (vertical) distance from roof to each point.

I firstly used the SurfaceDraper to drape the points onto the roof, then measure the distance between the draped point and the original points. But it didn't work by SurfaceDraper. Then I wanted to create lines between every initial points and the points on the ground(I set the points' z value to 0). I wanted to use 3DLineOnDTMIntersector to the points on the roof surface with which I can measure the distance.

However, I can't even connect the points in point cloud with the points on the ground to make these lines. I tried PointConnect but it can't make separated lines.. Is there any other transformers that can help?

Thanks in advance.

1 reply

Userlevel 2
Badge +17

Hi @summercyn1110, I think the SurfaceDraper method does the trick if you transform the point cloud into individual points with the PointCloudCoercer (Output Geometry: Individual Points). Did you tried this?