Question

Published Parameter as Shapefile name - incorrect attributes attached

• 10 December 2013
  • 2 replies

Badge
Hi

I have a project that converts a GML file into 6 individual shapefiles. I have mapped all the attributes from the GML file to different names in the shapefile in order to comply with the 10 character limit e.g -

featurecode > featcode

versiondate > date

Now I want to name the shapefile dynamically from a publish parameter so I used the attribute creator to create a new attribute called "feature_name" with the value:

$(name)_TopographicArea

and this outputs a shapefile with the correct name. so far so good......

The problem is the shapefile now contains multiple additional attributes that I didn't select or want in the resulting shapefile. How do i retain the schema mappings that I made?

Any ideas?

Mike

2 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +17
Hi Mike,

I guess you are using fanout option on the Shape writer and there are differences among schemas of the 6 writer feature types. If so, I think there are two possible ways. 1) Not use fanout. Create 6 writer feature types and configure schemas (user attributes) separately. 2) Use Dynamic Schema functionality with a schema definition table. You can set "fme_feature_type" to distinguish each destination feature type.   To learn more about the 2nd way, see Examle 3 in this documentation. Dynamic Schema Examples http://fmepedia.safe.com/articles/Samples_and_Demos/Dynamic-Schema-Examples-FME2011

Takashi
Userlevel 3
Badge +26
Would an AttributeRemover before the writer work?