Question

FeatureReader combine spatial tests

• 8 January 2015
  • 3 replies

Badge
Hi all.

I am trying to read a polyline feature using the FeatureReader. Since there are a lot of features I try to limit the features to be read by the third tab "Spatial Interaction" in FeatureReader configuration but somehow I do not find what I am looking for:

Setting the option to "Select only features that intersect with the INITIATOR feature's bounding box" I only get the features that intersect the initiator missing the ones that are within the initiators boundingbox.

Setting the third option with the given interactions I somehow miss the option to combine the interactions - I can only choose one. In my case I would like to combine Intersects and Contains for example.

My workaround at the moment is to load all features, clip them and test the "outside" features for _clipped=yes. Is there a better way?

Thank you in advance!

3 replies

Badge
I did some testing and I have found out that the geometries in question that were not loaded by FeatureReader are arcs. So "intersect" here means all geometries inside the initiator as well as the ones intersecting it - so this is not the problem as I first thought and all normal geometries are loaded. If they are totally inside or only partly inside does not matter.

If I load all features by FeatureReader arcs do not seem to cause a problem but if I want to load only the ones inside and intersecting the initiator arcs are not loaded.
Badge
After testing a bit more I think I can conclude that the FeatureReader is not reading geometries which only have 2 vertices and are arcs, if it is set to read only in the initiators bounding box.

Arcs with more than 2 vertices do work as it seems. Can someone confirm this?
Badge +3
Maybe because arcs are part of a circle and are  mathematical objects.