Solved

How do i filter feature type attributes automatically?

• 12 October 2017
  • 4 replies

Badge

Reader is a single merged feature type reading 6 tables from an oracle database. Then using a feature type filter to export out the different tables, but the export contains the attributes for all the tables. How do I get the writer to just read the attributes for a particular feature type? Also when I update the feature type filter it removes all the tables and just adds one of the tables

icon

Best answer by darkspatiallord 13 October 2017, 06:03

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +13

Hi @jacq, one way to set the attributes that you want to write for each table is to read in the tables from Oracle using the FeatureReader. You can read in the schema feature and use that to help define the tables on write.

We also have a great tutorial series about dynamic workflows, this article might be of use to you.

Badge

Hi @TiaAtSafe That's much better, thankyou very much :)

Badge

Hi @jacq, one way to set the attributes that you want to write for each table is to read in the tables from Oracle using the FeatureReader. You can read in the schema feature and use that to help define the tables on write.

We also have a great tutorial series about dynamic workflows, this article might be of use to you.

Hi @TiaAtSafe I am still having problems,

It keeps running....it wont stop lol

In this pic it is on its 3rd round, there should only be 32000 going to SP_PARCEL

What am i doing wrong?

Badge +1

@jacq - if you have the feature reader you dont need the Reader at the front - they are doing the same thing. (unless you have feature read only reading the schema as suggested by Tia

If you want a Dynamic read and writer I'd suggest looking at the Dynamic workflows tutorials. Very Helpful

From what you are saying it looks as though you are hoping to do Dynamic Table and schema creation on the writer based on what you are reading in.

https://knowledge.safe.com/articles/1050/dynamic-workflow-tutorial-introduction.html

B