Question

How to set Max Features to read per without breaking connections?

• 18 January 2019
  • 1 reply

Badge +1

The issue I am having is that I want to read in only 1 feature per and therefor end up outputting only 1 feature per type without breaking the already established connections. I have a feature reader with 300+ types of features setup/with connections across a massive work space. If I change the parameter in the FeatureReader to "1" for max features to read, it asks me to select a workspace. Each .dxf "workspace" has only a couple features, but combined with the remaining 100's of .dxfs I get all of features I need. So when I select one dxf "workspace" it only provides x amount of features. If I hit "cancel" at this point then all the features in the reader go away. The "PATH" is setup to parse through all of the .dxfs in the folder. Is there a way to change that parameter in the feature reader without breaking the already established connections?

1 reply

Userlevel 5
Badge +25

I think you'd best make an Idea out of this, changes to the FeatureReader settings quite often end up breaking connections and in cases like yours that can be really annoying.

I can't see your images so I don't know what your workspace looks like but what you may be able to do is create a 2nd FeatureReader which you set up the way you like and then reconnect it. The Feature Connections panel (View -> Windows) may be useful here too.