Question

Read DWG text without getting txt bounding box

• 14 April 2016
  • 3 replies

Hi all

Im converting an AutoCAD drawing into a GIS map in FME 2016, the AutoCAD files contains a number of texts that I will be using as labels. This is fine but when I read in the dwg files FME creates a box around the texts that interferes with the rest of the map. These boxes are difficult to remove because the have the same color/size/layer/geometry type as other data that needs to stay so I have on easy way to filter them out.

Is there any way to read only the texts without getting the bounding boxes?

3 replies

Badge +2

Whether the input DWG files have bounding box?

Badge

Hi @morten_aagaard, could you place a picture from your original dwg file?

Badge +3

if the tekst in the drawing are textobjects, you can just read the autocad_text attribute (or M_text). Then use that attribute to create labels.

Expose the format attribute on the ACAD reader.

If they are non text objects and have no extended data, have fme select the rectangles (hoping other features dont hold exact rectangles..)

(selecting rectangles can be done by adding id's to objects using a counter. Then chop by 2 vertices. Selfrelate grouped by id and proces duplicates. Calc angles where relate >1. Select right angles. Count angles grouped by ID using a statistics calculator; 4 = recangle)

For boundingboxes do'nt appear by fme behaviour, the objects must be in the drawing.(maybe hidden, or junk objects.(afaik of course, my workbenches wich create full ACAD maps and visa versa do'nt show that behaviour)