Question

I am trying to set the coordinate system in my EsriReprojector using a published parameter but it's failing, how can I do this?

• 9 November 2016
  • 2 replies
  • 1 view

Userlevel 3
Badge +13

2 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +13

Our EsriReprojector uses special Esri coordinate system parameters that display simple names, but really are producing entire coordinate system definitions. Because of this, published parameters that produce simple strings cannot be used. Only the EsriReprojector coordinate system parameters can be used.

To publish these parameters:

1) Open the pull down beside the destination or source coordinate system parameter in the EsriReprojector parameters dialog.

2) Select User Parameter -> Create User Parameter...

3) Select a default value and hit ok.

If you pass an attribute value (simple string) for the coordinate system or use a WorkspaceRunner to pass a parameter value to a child workspace, even if it came from an Esri picklist, FME will produce an error. At the moment the workaround for this scenario is to use the CSMapReprojector with a comparable coordinate system.

Badge

Our EsriReprojector uses special Esri coordinate system parameters that display simple names, but really are producing entire coordinate system definitions. Because of this, published parameters that produce simple strings cannot be used. Only the EsriReprojector coordinate system parameters can be used.

To publish these parameters:

1) Open the pull down beside the destination or source coordinate system parameter in the EsriReprojector parameters dialog.

2) Select User Parameter -> Create User Parameter...

3) Select a default value and hit ok.

If you pass an attribute value (simple string) for the coordinate system or use a WorkspaceRunner to pass a parameter value to a child workspace, even if it came from an Esri picklist, FME will produce an error. At the moment the workaround for this scenario is to use the CSMapReprojector with a comparable coordinate system.

I think the problem may not be in the drop-down selection of esri list parameters, where do I need to put a copy of the custom mesh transformation to be recognized, how does FME recognize the custom file of ESRIReprojector * .tfg