Question

How To Disable Feature Information

• 29 December 2015
  • 5 replies

I am brand new to FME Inspector 2015.1 and for some reason the Feature Information window would not "go away" every time I clicked on a Feature. I thought I had it disabled in the Window Menu but for some reason it wasn't. I want to see REAL data about a layer, not vertices and colors and whatnot.

How hard is this?

5 replies

Badge +14

The 'real' attributes that you may be referring to will be visible in the Table View, that is assuming your data actually has some. Try making sure that window is visible and then select a feature.

Badge +3

I think he is aware of table-view.

But the thing is, hiding the feature window is of no use. As soon as you click an object or select "features with no geometry", it reappears. No permanent hiding...

Userlevel 2
Badge +16

Your best option here is to make it a floating window and resize it as small as possible.

This window can not be permanently hidden.

Userlevel 4
Badge +13

Of course, if you don't select anything, then the window won't be shown either. It is unclear why you'd select something unless you wanted to see the information? Could be a use case but I can't quite see it. @dannygis -- can you describe what you'd like to see -- what is the "REAL" data you're looking for? What would you like to happen when you click on a feature?

Badge +3

Well one might want to just use the tabelview and see corresponding object highlighted, without being interested in the Featureinformationwindow (hence ka FIW) content or it clogging viewing space .

Seems like te Table and FIW are umbelically linked..

I'd like to click on a feature in the table and have it zoomed to/focused in the viewing pane. I waste a lot of time searching for a object i selected in the table.

Though there is a filter, the filter is not layer bound and only filters the object but not the table...sounds like a good idea to facilitate this to us users?