Question

A Badge For You and a Badge for Me! Talk Like a Pirate PLUS 100,000 Posts!

• 9 October 2019
  • 8 replies
  • 1 view

Userlevel 4
Badge +25

Hi FME'ers,

You might have noticed I've been a bit slack about awarding site badges recently. Apologies for that, but I'm concentrating on the community more now (lot's of exciting things to come) and so here are some badge awards.

100,000th Post

Yes, it's a big one! We officially reached 100,000 posts to the community sometime earlier today. The person who made that post.... @tono with a question on writing charts in Excel (look at the ID number in the URL).

Tono (whose profile page tells me is Antonio from Trondheim, Norway) wins the prestigious 100K badge on the site, the only person who ever has, or ever will, win this award.

Congratulations. I'm also checking with our marketing team to see if we can send you a choice and rare item of treasure from our swag cupboard.

And speaking of treasure...

Talk Like a Pirate Day

Aaargh, ye knoe this badge of olde. It be for posting a question on Talk Like a Pirate Day. This year there be seventeen (17!) winners o' this award. The roll of honour is:

• @redgeographics (a repeat win)
  • @robinb
  • @lmrector
  • @jdh (another repeat winner)
  • @gylona
  • @mark2atsafe (arrgh, it be me)
  • @patrick.gress
  • @rakeshreddy0996
  • @joshuadamron
  • @thirug
  • @dsalazara
  • @chris_m
  • @bruceharold
  • @deanhowell
  • @andreasb
  • @iew
  • @11181

Congratulations to you all. You have been awarded the Talk Like a Pirate badge on this site and have joined a band of 69 hardy souls, ready to plunder the FME seas at a moment's notice!

The Future...

Just a teaser to keep checking into the FME community, because as I hinted above, there are some exciting things in the pipeline...

Happy FME'ing,

Mark (@mark2atsafe)

8 replies

Badge

Wow!!! Thanks Mark and all at Safe! Long life FME!

Badge +21

Looking forward to the 111 111 post award! or the 101 101 or any great number award :)

Userlevel 3
Badge +13

Looking forward to the 111 111 post award! or the 101 101 or any great number award :)

You shouldn't be jealous Siggy, you won the social award on FME PS in June didn't you? And if you keep it up, you might reach 1000 posts by the end of 2019, that must be worthy an award, eh?

Userlevel 3
Badge +13

Congrats @tono ! Well deserved!

Badge +2

We want a picture of the "rare item of treasure from our swag cupboard " !

Userlevel 4
Badge +25

Now I work from home, I want to see a picture too! I've passed on Tono's contact details to our marketing team who are sending something out. It'll just be something small, but hopefully fairly unique. I am also working on a future swag item for community rewards that will be awesome, if I can get it up and running. Another thing to watch out for in the future...

Badge +21

You shouldn't be jealous Siggy, you won the social award on FME PS in June didn't you? And if you keep it up, you might reach 1000 posts by the end of 2019, that must be worthy an award, eh?

))<>((

Badge

Now I got it!!!!!! Thanks Mark and SAFE Software!!!!!