Question

Can we show/hide geopdf features/content based on zoom scale using FME

• 20 September 2018
  • 2 replies

Hello All,

I am new to FME. My actual intention is to build a geopdf from 2 or more vector sources. And I would like to overlay some point layer which should hide in the default view but should be revealed when I zoom in the geopdf. Can you please let me know if this is possible and how.

Thanks in advance,

Praveen Kumar Bandi

2 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +25

For questions like this the best place to look for an answer is the FME Readers and Writers manual. You can find it online (or through Workbench) and the page for PDF is here:

http://docs.safe.com/fme/2018.1/html/FME_Desktop_Documentation/FME_ReadersWriters/pdf2d/pdf2d.htm

So, for Adobe Geospatial PDF (not necessarily the same as GeoPDF by the way) I looked and don't see anything that suggests this is possible. In fact I checked the PDF specification itself and don't see that capability anywhere either.

In short, I don't think this is possible. It's just not supported by the PDF format.

Thanks Mark for the direction, will try that sure. I have stumbled into a paid software adobe plugin terrago where this is being possible. I thought if by tweaking some options this might be possible which I was not so sure though as I am new to this. So wanted to know if someone has tried and achieved this. Please share if there is any progress.

Thanks in advance,

Praveen Kumar Bandi