Solved

Elasticsearch writer error

• 18 October 2019
  • 9 replies

Badge +1

I am trying to write simple features with/without geometry to elasticsearch. I tried different params but always get this error

ELASTICSEARCH writer: {"error":{"root_cause":[{"type":"illegal_argument_exception","reason":"Types cannot be provided in put mapping requests, unless the include_type_name parameter is set to true."}],"type":"illegal_argument_exception","reason":"Types cannot be provided in put mapping requests, unless the include_type_name parameter is set to true."},"status":400}

Does anyone have a clue?

icon

Best answer by zhangjinzhou 21 October 2019, 20:39

View original

9 replies

Badge +21

Insert a Sample and send only 1 feature to the writer. Can you take a screenshot of this sample in the FME Data Inspector? So we can have a look at the attributes.

Badge +1

Insert a Sample and send only 1 feature to the writer. Can you take a screenshot of this sample in the FME Data Inspector? So we can have a look at the attributes.

To simplify the process. I created a new record a assign one attribute to it. It still does not work.

Badge +11

To simplify the process. I created a new record a assign one attribute to it. It still does not work.

@zhangjinzhou Can you expand on the Versions of software in use? I can do a test to confirm when I know more... but what you are doing looks pretty simple.

Badge +1

@zhangjinzhou Can you expand on the Versions of software in use? I can do a test to confirm when I know more... but what you are doing looks pretty simple.

I used elastic 7. It works after I downgrade to 6.8. Thanks.

Badge +1

FME doesn't support elasticsearch 7+ now.

Badge +10

FME doesn't support elasticsearch 7+ now.

Thanks @zhangjinzhou... that's right FME doesn't yet seem to support version 7. I see an enhancement request submitted for Elasticsearch v7 support (internal reference: FMEENGINE-59393). We'll try providing any further updates to version 7 support on this thread.

Has this been fixed? I need to write to ElasticSearch and am getting the error. I cannot revert to ES 6.xx.

Badge +11

@planomax​ I see no one has replied to you... did you get past your error? ES 7 should be supported. Please do reach out to us at www.safe.com/support and open a support case. We can take a closer look at the problem. (Also in the meantime share the FME version you are experiencing this in). FME 2021.0 would be worth trying if you are not using it already.

Badge +11

Support for ElasticSearch 7 was added in 2021.0. Do let us know of any issues you may encounter!