Solved

Running a workspace with prompt using a batch file

Hello everybody,

i know it is possible to run a FME workspace by using a a batch file. But what is the command in the batch to run this workspace with prompt?

With kindest regards,

Felix

icon

Best answer by redgeographics 26 June 2017, 12:59

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +25

You could run "fmequicktranslator.exe myworkspace.fmw", that will pop up the Quick Translator with that workspace so your user will get the parameters dialog.

Badge +2

Hi @felixderglueckl

What is suggested above, or run the Workspace in FME Desktop then look at the top of the log file for the command. You don't get the prompt however!

Userlevel 5
Badge +25

Hi @felixderglueckl

What is suggested above, or run the Workspace in FME Desktop then look at the top of the log file for the command. You don't get the prompt however!

But that wouldn't prompt, right, just take the parameters as they are specified?

Badge +2
But that wouldn't prompt, right, just take the parameters as they are specified?

Yep - why I said you won't get the prompt which I know the OP requested but just pitching it out there as a possibility.

Badge +2

I don't think it is possible to have the prompts popping up when a airspace is run from a batch file. However you could add variables from the dos prompt in the batch file if not mistaken .