Question

spatial selection of polygons, which are touched by another polygon?

• 28 January 2020
  • 2 replies

Badge +7

Hello,

I'm trying to select the polygons that are cut by another polygon (Boundary Box) (polygons that are completely inside or completely outside the Boundary Box polygon are of interest to me). My attempts with the SpatialFilter and SpatialRelator ("Requestor Touches Supplier") all failed. Are there any other possibilities? I have a shapefile as source data and the boundary box polygons are created from LAS files using BoundsExtractor and BoundingBoxAccumulator.

Thanks a lot in advance

2 replies

Userlevel 4

Rather than using the BoundsExtractor and the BoundingBoxAccumulator, try using only the BoundingBoxReplacer.

Also try sending both the Requestor and the Supplier features (as sent to e.g. the SpatialFilter) to the Inspector and check that you get what you expect.

Badge +7

Many thanks for the advice. I have adapted this in my workbench accordingly and thus reduced a transformer. Unfortunately it did not solve the actual problem.

But with a new approach I were able to solve it myself. After I created the BoundaryBox from the LAS files, I convert the polygon into lines (GeometryCoercer), then I used the SpatialFilter (Filter Intersects Cantidate) to get the polygons which are dived by the boundary (line) of the LAS files.