Question

How to set top and bottom elevation for BuildingStoreys in IFC writer

• 25 April 2016
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +18

I'am trying to set the top and bottom elevation for the BuildingStoreys.. The writer does not have the ifc_elevation attribute to set global and local elevations. Now the bottom elevation is always 0 and the top elevation is relative to ground zero and not the floor how it should be.

3 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +18

More then 4 years ago I've posted this question. Now it hits me again. Is it by design or can I fix it?

Userlevel 2
Badge +17

Hi @stalknecht​ ,

I'm sorry that I missed this question the first time you posted it.

You can set the elevation of the BuildingStorey by adding an attribute named 'Elevation' to the feature before writing.

Setting the height is a little trickier and requires creating a BaseQuantities quantity set on the BuildingStoreys. I have modified the sample workspace found at https://community.safe.com/s/article/autocad-to-ifc-conversion-example to illustrate how to create the Quantity Set, and have attached it. It uses the same dataset supplied with the article.

Userlevel 1
Badge +18

Hi @stalknecht​ ,

I'm sorry that I missed this question the first time you posted it.

You can set the elevation of the BuildingStorey by adding an attribute named 'Elevation' to the feature before writing.

Setting the height is a little trickier and requires creating a BaseQuantities quantity set on the BuildingStoreys. I have modified the sample workspace found at https://community.safe.com/s/article/autocad-to-ifc-conversion-example to illustrate how to create the Quantity Set, and have attached it. It uses the same dataset supplied with the article.

Hi @daveatsafe​ ,

Thanks for your answer. When I run your example and try to load the generated ifc into Solibri I get the following error: "Reading of IFC model Failed"

Capture

Do you know what to do to get the model accepted by Solibri?