Question

Georeferencing a raster through the center point

• 21 November 2017
  • 5 replies

Hi guys. I have 2 images (.jpg) and 2 center point (lat, long). I would like to georeferencing these imagens using like reference these points.

I tried RasterGeorreferencer, but there are 2 options only. By Extends and PointAndAngle.

Using PointAndAngle it necessary to put X upper Left Coordinate and Y Upper Left Coordinate. This no help me.

Thank´s

5 replies

Badge +22

In order to georeference you need the raster resolution as well as a point. If you know that you can determine the location of the upper left coordinate based on your center point, the number of rows and columns and the spacing.

Badge +2

Definitively positive, @jdh. @a6: In the example here i fixed a similar problem reading rasters from an xml blob. The last bookmark in the workspace assumes that raster pixels are 0.1m in size, there is no rotation in the raster and that the reference coordinate is in the center of the raster (see expressions in the offsetter). In that case a scaler and an offsetter are sufficient to "georeference" the raster.

Another solution might be creating (manually, for two rasters??) a world file .jpw which is read automatically by most software and georeferences the raster. See Wikipedia for a good description of the world file.displayluchtfotosatcoordinate-helmoet.fmw

Badge

I have a number of Drone photos in a jpg fil format. they all have the same extent (see the images), But I have a coordinates for the center point. in lat/lon. I would like to make a mosaik (the have overlaps) and then in ESPG 25832.

I have tried many different transforms, but you have not succeeded. I have allso tried helmoet FWT. BUT no luck. Can it really be true that there is a transformer, which make this work for me. Can anyone help me ;o)THANKS

image-spacing.jpgimage-info.jpgimage-exent.jpg,

Badge +11

Definitively positive, @jdh. @a6: In the example here i fixed a similar problem reading rasters from an xml blob. The last bookmark in the workspace assumes that raster pixels are 0.1m in size, there is no rotation in the raster and that the reference coordinate is in the center of the raster (see expressions in the offsetter). In that case a scaler and an offsetter are sufficient to "georeference" the raster.

Another solution might be creating (manually, for two rasters??) a world file .jpw which is read automatically by most software and georeferences the raster. See Wikipedia for a good description of the world file.displayluchtfotosatcoordinate-helmoet.fmw

Hi, please add file.displayluchtfotosatcoordinate-helmoet.fmw or download link

Badge +2

Hi, please add file.displayluchtfotosatcoordinate-helmoet.fmw or download link

Hi, quite lucky I found this after three years 😀