Question

read multiple sde connect file

Badge +1

Hello,

I need to read 124 SDE GDSs to access and report a table that is common to all of them 'Tracts'.

I tried the information in the following URL, but it is not working: https://knowledge.safe.com/articles/20203/how-to-read-all-feature-classes-from-multiple-esri.html

Any help would be appreciated.

Brian

4 replies

Badge +6

Hi @dbklingdom,

In the article you linked, I believe you were trying the comment from Mita. In the workspace you have, your Reader Resource will have a Feature Types to Read parameter. By Default, this will not be a Published Parameter. If you right click this Parameter, and select Create User Parameter(for Default Value you can select a single table for starters). Once this parameter is created, you will want to Link the Feature Types to Read on your Schema to Read format to the User Parameter just created(by Default it should be named FEATURE_TYPES).

Let me know if you require further assistance.
Badge +1

Hello,

So I have been able to get a read out of a table/s from all of the 124 GDBs I have to read. however I am still need to be able to sort by GDB name/s, which I think should be fme_basename and I'm getting NULLs. I've followed both Mita and Trent's instruction, but if any one has a suggestion to get the GDB names it would be appreciated

Badge +1

Trent I still get a variety of errors on every setup I try. I'd to see if you have some time today to give this another go please.

Badge +1

The result that i am getting, is the first GDB bring read and stops there. And I am still getting NULLs for fme_basename and fme_dataset??