Solved

Using VertexCreator and ArcGISOnlineFeatures put point at 0,0

• 20 March 2020
  • 5 replies

Hi,

I'm parsing text files - I'm using VertexCreator to take lat/lon columns to get a point. I have CoordinateSystemSetter going into it.

I'm passing the VC into an ArcGIS Online Feature Writer for points (geometry is set to arcgisonline_point). I set the writer up with Import Writer Feature Types (as suggested)

This process successfully creates the point in ArcGIS Online, but it always places it at 0,0.

It writes properly if I used a writer to FC on disk and use that FC as input to the online feature service. I'd like to skip the unnecessary? writing to disk if possible.

Is my workflow correct? Is there another step/setting I need with the VC?

thanks

icon

Best answer by bruceharold 23 March 2020, 15:01

View original

5 replies

Badge +16

Kevin, is your feature service in web mercator? If so you'll need to project the lat/long points.

Your workflow is fine, you can write directly to a feature service.

Kevin, is your feature service in web mercator? If so you'll need to project the lat/long points.

Thanks, Bruce.

My points are DD (102100) and I'm using the CoordinateSystemSetter (set to 102100) as an input to the VertexCreator. The featureservice is created in 102100 as well. So as far as I'm aware, everything is all lined up. Unless the CSS is not properly setting/working with the VertexCreator?

I also have the target WKID on the FS Writer as 102100.

Actually it looks like you're onto something. I mistakenly thought the FS was DD where it appears to be meters, so I'll look into the reproject. Thanks, Bruce.

Badge

Hello!

Are there any updates on this? I'm having the same issue as Kevin. All my points created by the VertexCreator ends up in (0,0) when written to AGOL. I believe I'm using the same setup as Kevin and when I check the coordinates of the created geomery, just before sending it to AGOL, it seems ok!

I'm using wkid 102100 all the way as well.

Badge +2

Hello!

Are there any updates on this? I'm having the same issue as Kevin. All my points created by the VertexCreator ends up in (0,0) when written to AGOL. I believe I'm using the same setup as Kevin and when I check the coordinates of the created geomery, just before sending it to AGOL, it seems ok!

I'm using wkid 102100 all the way as well.

Hi @jonas.persson​,

If you read in the feature service, what does it say for the coordinate system? EPSG/WKID 102100 uses meters as the units so I wonder if this is still coordinate system related issue since it is not using Decimal degrees?

If you try as Bruce suggested and write as lat long does that improve the results? If not, can you check the log file to see if there are any other warnings/errors that could indicate what might be happening with this workspace?