Question

Shutdown Python Script in FME Server Loops Workspace

Badge +1

I have a Shutdown Python Script published with a Workspace that when ran successfully renames the Feature Classes in the SourceDataset after the Workspace is complete. This executes successfully in Workbench. However, when I published the same Workspace to FME Server and run it, it just loops the Workspace and never executes the Shutdown Python Script.

The only parameter passed is the 'SourceDataset_FILEGDB' and a single value chosen at the start of executing the Workspace.

Any thoughts or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance.

2 replies

Badge +1
I am assuming it has to do something with Python configuration differences between my Desktop environment and the FME Server (Engine) environment.

I have the "Preferred Python Interpreter" set to "ESRI ArcGIS Desktop Python (2.7)" in my Desktop environment with ArcGIS10.5 and 64bit Background Processing installed and FME 2018.0 64bit. This environment executes the Workspace and Shutdown Script successfully.

Our Server environment has FME Server 2018 and ArcGIS Enterprise 10.6 installed. This environment loops the Workspace and never executes the Shutdown Script. I can remove the Shutdown Script and the Workspace executes successfully.

Userlevel 1
Badge +18

Things to check is 64 bit background processing installed on the server? Is the engine 64 bits?

Can you share the script?