Question

Convert Polygon (Area) to Surface

• 17 April 2014
  • 6 replies

Hi,

From my reader I get an area feature (determined by the 'GeometryFilter'), but for my writer I need a Surface Feature. How do I convert an Are to a Surface?

Thanks a lot!

Michel

6 replies

Badge +3
Hi,

Is your object 2d or 3d.

If its 2d u can extract some vertices (preferably cornernodes) and us a surfacemodeller. If that is what u are looking for thats is.

Gio
Userlevel 2
Badge +17
Hi Michel, probably the FaceReplacer transformer is what you are looking for.

Takashi
Hi,

Is your object 2d or 3d.

If its 2d u can extract some vertices (preferably cornernodes) and us a surfacemodeller. If that is what u are looking for thats is.

Gio

Hi gio,

If my object is 3D, then how can I convert the Area to Surface?

Regards, Fang

Badge

Hi gio,

Regards, Fang

Hi @fang​ have you tried using the 2DForcer transformer to remove any z elevation?

Hi gio,

Regards, Fang

Hi@daraghbroderick, ​my Area is 3D and I need z elevation, you could see it from my uploaded pictures. The polygon is made up of four boundary lines including an Arc. My ultimate goal is to build solids and it seems that only faces can build up solids, but I haven't find a solution to build faces in 3d. Do you know how to do these? Thanks a lot.

2021022308422620210223084216Best, Fang

Badge

Maybe this answer is not directly related to this specific question but still:

I have an ifmeMultiarea (polygon parts) which I wnat to turn into a surface. Since FaceReplacer is time consuming and error prone because of generating allt the triangles. My workaround is saving the MultiArea as an obj and reimporting it, now it is a Surface :)