Solved

Migrate stored procedure

• 25 August 2017
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +30

Hello,

Is possible in FME migrate stored procedure in Oracle no-Spatial to SQL Server?

I saw any links here about run a procedure, but migrate a stored procedure.

Thanks,

Danilo

icon

Best answer by trentatsafe 25 August 2017, 18:59

View original

6 replies

Badge +2

I can't see that being possible. Different language specifications between Oracle and SQLServer

PL/SQL T-SQL ?

Badge +6

Hello @danilo_inovacao ,

As @mark_1spatial suggested with the different languages between Oracle and SQLServer it is not simple. A quick search of the web does yield some possible solutions to migrating a stored procedure from one SQL language to another.

Here is an article that may help get you started:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/sql/ssma/oracle/converting-oracle-schemas-oracletosql

Userlevel 4
Badge +30

Hi @mark_1spatial and @trentatsafe thanks yours attention and answer with this case.

So, i hope that do this migration is not suitable?

Thanks,

Danilo

Badge +6

Hi @mark_1spatial and @trentatsafe thanks yours attention and answer with this case.

So, i hope that do this migration is not suitable?

Thanks,

Danilo

Hello @danilo_inovacao,

That is correct, it is not probable to migrate a stored procedure from database to database when their SQL languages have fundamental differences.

As such, it would be best to rebuild the procedure using the new language for the destination database.

Userlevel 4
Badge +30
Hello @danilo_inovacao,

That is correct, it is not probable to migrate a stored procedure from database to database when their SQL languages have fundamental differences.

As such, it would be best to rebuild the procedure using the new language for the destination database.

Perfect. Thanks!

Userlevel 4
Badge +30

I can't see that being possible. Different language specifications between Oracle and SQLServer

PL/SQL T-SQL ?

Thanks @mark_1spatial