Solved

Slow FME using temporary fixed license instead of floating license

• 2 August 2018
  • 6 replies

Badge

Since I am at a customer, not being able to connect the our license server via vpn, I installed a temporary fixed license. This is installed without issues using the license manager, however, my FME slows down terribly! And with that I mean everything: opening FME Desktop, opening FME Inspector, loading data, running a model, ... I am really not able to work like this. Anyone an idea what is going on here?

icon

Best answer by ebygomm 2 August 2018, 10:42

View original

6 replies

Badge +10

I've had something similar and it appeared to be caused by old license files. Clearing them solved the problem.

Badge

I've had something similar and it appeared to be caused by old license files. Clearing them solved the problem.

that did the job, thanks!

Badge +10
that did the job, thanks!

Glad that did the trick, it's painful otherwise.

Where do you clear the license files? I have 2018 and because I'm working from home I have a temporary stand alone license (rather than a floating license) and its painfully slow to load FME Workbench and even start running a workbench takes nearly a minute before it initialises.

Userlevel 2
Badge +17

Where do you clear the license files? I have 2018 and because I'm working from home I have a temporary stand alone license (rather than a floating license) and its painfully slow to load FME Workbench and even start running a workbench takes nearly a minute before it initialises.

Hi @aiduser

As mentioned in this troubleshooting article, the .dat files may be in the following locations on Windows (in order of likelihood):

• C:\\ProgramData\\Safe Software\\FME\\Licenses
  • C:\\Program Files\\FME\\licenses
  • C:\\Users\\<userName>\\Documents\\FME\\Licenses
  • C:\\apps\\FME\\licenses

FME on macOS stores the licenses in /Users/<username>/Library/Application Support/FME/Licenses/

FME on Linux stores the licenses in ~/.fme/Licenses/

I hope this information helps.

Thanks @debbiatsafe very useful post. Will give that a try.